reclass and class node membership with salt

Mike Kelly mike at piratehaven.org
Tue May 13 22:17:35 CEST 2014

Hi,

Thanks for writing the reclass node reclassifier for salt.  I'm looking
for a feature which I guess isn't implemented in reclass yet.  I want to
be able to find out which nodes are members of particular classes.  For
example, if node A and B are subscribed to the class "letters", then
ideally I'd like to see this construct:
__reclass__:
  classes:
    - letters:
      - a
      - b

More generically, I find my self creating groups of hosts, for which the
hosts need to know both which groups they are a member of, and which
hosts are also members of the group.

I noticed that you've got a TODO item for something like this using
properties, but that approach seems a bit different from what I'm trying
to accomplish.

Am I not looking at this the right way?  Is there a better approach?  Any
other pointers before I start hacking?

Thanks,

Mike

--