Fwd: having trouble with parameter interpolation

martin f krafft madduck at madduck.net
Sat Jan 17 13:32:03 CET 2015

Hi,

I am sorry for the late reply, our little family grew by one two
weeks ago and I've been mostly offline.

>     files:
>       present:
>         /etc/uwsgi/apps-enabled/${web_settings:globals:uwsgi:site}.ini:
>           template:  jinja
>           source:
[…]
> "uwsgi_site" & "nginx_site" both work reference wise when I do a 'salt-call
> pillar.get web_settings' on my minion, but
> " /etc/uwsgi/apps-enabled/${web_settings:globals:uwsgi:site}.ini:" does
> not.  it appears as literally that, instead of
> "/etc/uwsgi/apps-enabled/bestbuys.ini".

Yeah, and the problem here is that it's not a parameter *value*, but
a parameter key. Only values get interpolated at the moment.

Can you rephrase the data e.g.

  files:
    present:
      uwsgi_site_ini:
        source: /etc/uwsgi/apps-enabled/${web_settings:globals:uwsgi:site}.ini
        template: jinja
        […]

?

--
@martinkrafft | http://madduck.net/ | http://two.sentenc.es/

"the word yellow wandered through his mind in search of something to
 connect with."
                                 -- hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy

spamtraps: madduck.bogus at madduck.net